~ This article may contain affiliate links. I only suggest product or services I believe will benefit my readers. All opinions are 100% mine! ~
I started my work from home journey almost one year ago with a search engine evaluator jobs. I had no idea how many work at home job opportunities that are available online!
I’ve learned a few things along this journey of working from home.
While working from home sounds like a dream come true the reality is sometimes really different! My house isn’t always the cleanest, sometimes our dinner is really late (and not super tasty, until we started using $5 Meal Plan
), and my kids sometimes watch a few too many episodes of Daniel Tiger.
Working from home isn’t everybody’s dream…I think why wouldn’t everybody be trying to pursue ways to earn money from home?! But the reality is some people really love their jobs and having a place to go to for work.
Finally,work at home jobs are not a one size fits all deal. Not every work at home opportunity will work for you and your family. And that is okay! We all have different support systems, financial goals, backgrounds, and things we enjoy doing for work.
If you are beginning your journey to find work from home job opportunities, my best advice is to try several different types of work to find what fits best for you and your family.
There are 3 requirements that any work from home job has to meet for me. I need my job to be super flexible (I need to be able to start and stop at a moments notice), have a short learning curve, and earn at least $12 per hour.
I started working for Leapforce about 10 months ago in a search engine evaluator jobs position, and have personally had a great experience. Leapforce meets all of my “requirements” and has been a great source of side income for me and my family. I could actually work more, but I just don’t have enough time while I’m taking care of my boys and trying to grow my blog.
I wanted to give you insight into another search engine evaluator’s life cleaning up google’s mess! I’m so happy to introduce you to my blogger friend Sireesha Narumanchi of Crowd Work News. She is a blogger and search engine evaluator.
Sireesha, tell us a little about yourself.
I am originally from India, now settled in Australia. I come from a medical background, Microbiology. I worked as a research associate back in India. I have two daughters and my husband works in the finance sector. My kids were the biggest reason I opted for a work at home job. This gives me a lot of flexibility to work around them.
So what exactly do you do as a search engine evaluator? What does this job entail?
Search Engine Evaluation is quite a flexible job. Basically you have to rate web pages for their relevancy according to the query. In simple terms, if a person types in ‘Apple’ in the search in Google, you get some results. You have to rate how good a particular result is for ‘Apple’. There are a set of guidelines, which you have to follow to rate these web pages. All this might sound very technical, but it’s not. With a medical background, I could easily get the hang of the job very quickly. The quality of the rating is very important and is monitored regularly.
How did you find search engine evaluation jobs? Where did you learn that there is such a job?
After coming to Australia, I searched a lot work at home jobs. As I was pregnant with my first child, it was the best option for me. I used to search all the job boards and it was hard to find the legitimate ones. But finally, I found the Search Engine Evaluator role on Seek.com. Seek.com is quite a popular job board in Australia. As it was a very new kind of role for me back then, I did some research about the company and read about it in forums. After getting totally convinced about the role, I applied for it.
How many hours do you work per week?
I usually work 20 hours a week. Sometimes if there is a need to do more hours, I do around 25 hours.Do you have other streams of income?
Apart from search engine evaluation, I do a bit of freelancing and blogging is my new passion. After going through the rigorous process of searching for legitimate work at home jobs, I realized that I wanted to help others to find work at home jobs. That’s when Crowdworknews.com started. I post job leads, unique work at home opportunities and side hustles. And now my blog is making money. So, that’s another income stream.
What is the best part of being a SE evaluator?I believe the best part of search engine evaluation is the flexibility. There are times, when kids are sick or I have to attend to other things and I still can do this job at night or early morning. There are no set times and you are just required to complete target hours for the week. Being a work at home mum, flexibility is the biggest plus for me in this job.
What is your least favourite part of the job?
Frankly, I have not found anything that I don’t like about this job. But I would mention one thing, you do have to pass a qualifying exam to get this role. That seems to be the hardest part for many who apply for this job.
What does your day look like when you’re working?
My typical day starts at 6 in the morning, I usually complete my SEE work by evening. I work on my blog for the later part of the day. Again, I tend to work again at nights. That’s the most productive time of my day.
When do you find time to work?
I work all through the day till my elder daughter comes from school. I work again at nights. I find these times are most productive for me.
Would you recommend this job to someone looking to work from home?
Absolutely!! It is the most flexible and perfect work for stay at home mums or anybody who wants an online job.
What is your best tip for anyone looking to start a side hustle or begin working from home?
It does take time to search for legitimate work at home jobs, so keep at it and don’t lose hope. And also you have to be very organized to meet your targets when working from home with all the distractions. Planning ahead is a must.
Thanks to Sireesha for sharing her work experience as a search engine evaluator!
So, what do you think? Does search engine evaluation sound like a job you are interested in?
Want more ways to earn side income?
- Start a blog! You CAN make money by starting a blog! I am just starting my blogging journey and you can follow along as I grow my blog on my Monthly Goals Page. Find out How to Start a Blog and follow my Bluehost Guide tutorial on how to get set up. Starting a blog is VERY inexpensive you can get started for as little as $3.49 a month. If you sign up through me you will also get a FREE domain name! It’s really a great deal!
- Sign up for Ebates where you earn CASH back on your online shopping. The service is FREE and when you sign up through my link you will get a FREE $10 gift card to Walmart, Target, or Khol’s!
- Teach English to Chinese students online! I teach with VIP Kid and I love it. This is a very flexible job that I can do while my kids are sleeping and I can set my own schedule.
- Make money with surveys. These are my favorite survey sites that pay with Paypal Pinecone Research, Mintvine, Harris Poll, Toluna, Ipsos Panel, Survey Savvy, YouGov, My Survey, Opinion Outpost, Vindale Research
- Download Apps to your phone that can help you earn money! There are so many options: Ibotta, Swagbucks, Dietbet, Checkout51, and Pal fish just to name a few. Read “Make Money with Your Smart Phone” for more apps to make you money!
- Sign up for Ebates where you can earn CASH BACK! The service is FREE and you can get a $10 gift card to Macy’s, Walmart, Target, or Khol’s if you sign up with me here.
- Become a Freelancer with 30 Days to Freelance Writing Success
- Become a Virtual Assistant with 30 Days to Virtual Assistant Success
- Start a business. See 50+ Ways to Earn Extra Income
- Eat at Home. We just joined $5 Meal Plan to help me overcome the stress of feeding a family of 5 at home for every meal! It’s only $5 a month and you get meal plans sent to your inbox with your shopping list created (which is half the battle!) This will save you time on meal planning, and make grocery shopping even more convenient and order online through Walmart’s Grocery Pick-Up. Order your food online and avoid the temptation to through extra food in the shopping cart. You can monitor your bill as you shop online. And the best part Walmart’s Grocery Pick-Up is FREE and super convenient.
- Work a flexible part-time job online with Leapforce. I love working for Leapforce. I log into my account when I have time and work on projects. It’s super flexible and I always have work available. You can read more on Working for Leapforce.
Looking for more ways to earn financial freedom? Join our newsletter and get the FREE Mom Boss Toolkit e-course designed to help you start your journey making EXTRA INCOME over the next 7 days! Click the Pink Button >>>
Join the conversation…ask questions, find new job opportunities & ways to save, and encouragement! Click the pink button to join our Smart Cents Mom FB page!