When I think about successful women who are entrepreneurs, I immediately think of Sarah McAffry. She is a talented photographer with a growing business in the Knoxville area. Photography as a side business is a popular way to make side income. Sarah is doing it full time and providing for her family! I’m excited to introduce you to Sarah McAffry.
1. Please give us a little background on yourself, how you started Sarah McAffry Photography (what gave you the courage to start your own business), and how it’s going for you right now.
I was a high school english teacher for six years. After feeling nudgings from the Lord many times over a two week period, I quit my teaching job. The morning I met with the principal at 9am to resign, I got a call less than three hours later from a photographer asking if I wanted to rent out her studio. When I walked into the meeting that morning, I had no idea what my future held. I was simply walking in obedience and God faithfully showed up giving me my next step within hours. I’ve been a full time photographer for 7 years now and somehow started another business, @statemintstyle, along the way! I’m so fortunate to have a job that provides for our family and my husband is able to stay at home to run our household and take care of our kids.
2. What exactly do you offer with Sarah McAffy Photography? Can you explain this more for those who are unfamiliar with your services?
We’re a photography studio that specializes in high school seniors! We also spend a lot of time photographing women of all ages, with our Becoming Sessions for teen girls and Portrait Sessions for women.
3. What stage would you say your business is at and how long did it take you to get to this point?
4. How does social media & blogging play a role in your business?
5. What is your favorite part of owning your own business?
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking about starting a business?
7. Give us your favorite place to go for business advice books/websites/podcasts.
Looking for more ways to earn financial freedom? Join our newsletter and get a FREE e-course designed to help you start your journey making EXTRA INCOME over the next 7 days! Click the Pink Button >>>
Join the conversation…ask questions, find new job opportunities & ways to save, and encouragement! Click the pink button to join our Smart Cents Mom FB group!