I love finding ways to make extra money before Christmas!
I try to save money with my Christmas gift giving by following this Christmas budget challenge each year. I write down (on this handy Christmas Budget guide) all the names of people I need to give gifts too, all the food I plan to make for parties, and set aside some extra money for budget friendly Christmas decor.
Next I try to think of ways I can earn extra money before Christmas so that we can have our holiday gift giving paid for ahead of time.
The good news…People spend A LOT of money during the holidays. It’s a busy time of year, and the most profitable for people like you and me who need to make some extra money!
10 Ways to Make Extra Money Before Christmas
~ This article may contain affiliate links. I only suggest product or services I believe will benefit my readers. All opinions are 100% mine! ~
#1 Offer to gift wrap for other people
You could come with some creative ways to gift wrap boxes to make your service unique. People are so busy during the holiday season that it would be a great way to make some extra money by providing a gift wrapping service.
#2 Earn Money Renting Out Your Stuff
You can rent out your things. Many people are traveling during the holidays. If you have baby items to rent out like a pack’n play or crib, strollers, car seats then you could make some extra cash. Try using BabiesGetAway to rent out your baby gear or post it on Craigslist.
- tables and chairs
- Bullet List 2
- Bullet List 3
#3 Bake Cookies, Pies, Cakes for Friends
The holiday season is full of parties. When I was working as a teacher, I had a colleague who would make Pecan Pies every holiday season. She charged $25 per pie and you had to sign up early because she would be booked by the first week of October!
#4 Run Errands for People
People are so busy today, and the holiday season can be even more overwhelming. Offer services to do Christmas shopping, grocery shopping, dry cleaning pick up/drop off, etc.
#5 Event Planning
Do you love party planning? The holiday season is the perfect time to use your skills to help others create the perfect holiday party. You could offer your services to businesses, friends, family, and other organizations. Choose the party location, food, decorations, and events during the party!
#6 Take Family Photos
You don’t have to be a professional photographer to start taking family photos. Prices in my area run around $150 for a one hour session! You could offer services at a lower price if you are inexperienced, and still make a great income. Another popular idea is to offer mini-sessions for $50-$75 per session. These are usually 30 minute sessions back to back. You could work for 5 hours and make $500!
#7 Drive for Uber or Lyft
You could start driving for Uber or Lyft to earn some extra money. The holidays usually see an increase in rides from Uber and Lyft due to holiday parties, traveling, and shopping. If you have extra time in the evenings or weekends then you could quickly make some extra money driving people to their destinations!
#8 DIY Make & Sell Crafts
People LOVE to give handmade gifts, but they don’t always have the time, energy, or creativity to make something special. Even if you are a beginner crafter there are many things that you can DIY to make and sell for the holidays.
Sell your handmade gifts at craft fairs, bazaars, flea markets, or in local Facebook groups!
#9 Decorate for the Holidays
Many people are too busy to get their decorations up for the holidays. You could charge to decorate rooms or set up the Christmas Tree for them. Beautiful holiday decorations create a festive mood that everyone enjoys.
You could provide your services for private homes and professional businesses.
#10 Use Ebates and Refer Your Friends!
Ebates is still one of the BEST ways to earn cash back on your online Christmas shopping. It’s crazy to just let that money go when you could easily shop through the Ebates site and earn 3% – 10% back on every purchase!
You can earn MORE money by simply sharing Ebates with your friends and family!
Here are more ways to earn with cash back apps!
Looking for other ways to earn side income?
- Start a blog! You CAN make money by starting a blog! I am just starting my blogging journey and you can follow along as I grow my blog on my Monthly Goals Page. Find out How to Start a Blog and follow my Bluehost Guide tutorial on how to get set up. Starting a blog is VERY inexpensive you can get started for as little as $3.49 a month. If you sign up through me you will also get a FREE domain name! It’s really a great deal!
- Sign up for Ebates where you earn CASH back on your online shopping. The service is FREE and when you sign up through my link you will get a FREE $10 gift card to Walmart, Target, or Khol’s!
- Teach English to Chinese students online! I teach with VIP Kid and I love it. This is a very flexible job that I can do while my kids are sleeping and I can set my own schedule.
- Make money with surveys. These are my favorite survey sites that pay with Paypal Pinecone Research, Mintvine, Harris Poll, Toluna, Ipsos Panel, Survey Savvy, YouGov, My Survey, Opinion Outpost, Vindale Research
- Download Apps to your phone that can help you earn money! There are so many options: Ibotta, Swagbucks, Dietbet, Checkout51, and Pal fish just to name a few. Read “Make Money with Your Smart Phone” for more apps to make you money!
- Sign up for Ebates where you can earn CASH BACK! The service is FREE and you can get a $10 gift card to Macy’s, Walmart, Target, or Khol’s if you sign up with me here.
- Become a Freelancer with 30 Days to Freelance Writing Success
- Become a Virtual Assistant with 30 Days to Virtual Assistant Success
- Start a business. See 50+ Ways to Earn Extra Income
- Eat at Home. We just joined $5 Meal Plan to help me overcome the stress of feeding a family of 5 at home for every meal! It’s only $5 a month and you get meal plans sent to your inbox with your shopping list created (which is half the battle!) This will save you time on meal planning, and make grocery shopping even more convenient and order online through Walmart’s Grocery Pick-Up. Order your food online and avoid the temptation to through extra food in the shopping cart. You can monitor your bill as you shop online. And the best part Walmart’s Grocery Pick-Up is FREE and super convenient.
- Work a flexible part-time job online with Leapforce. I love working for Leapforce. I log into my account when I have time and work on projects. It’s super flexible and I always have work available. You can read more on Working for Leapforce.